Sunday, June 24, 2018

Whole30 Round Five, Week Three Meal Plan

What a week it has been! If you guys saw my meal plan last week, let's just say I very loosely followed it, hahaha. It was just a random week where I didn't feel like cooking and we had so much other stuff going on that we didn't get around to most of what I had planned.
Untitled
I've eaten out a few times and I don't think we stuck to our dinner plan at all- so here's what I actually ate this week!

  • Monday we had planned on eating the mini meatloaf sliders from @melissasfoodfreedom and we actually did! I served a salad alongside them with dump ranch!
  • Tuesday Gene had a late meeting at worked and stopped at a burger joint on base to get us burgers! I got two patties without the bun, cheese, or sauce and just bacon! I served them up with a salad and dump ranch! 
  • Wednesday we made up the cheeseburger bowls from Dolly's Whole Life! I just roast the potatoes in the oven since our potatoes here never really cook up right in the skillet! This one is such a yummy dish!
  • Thursday I made up carnitas from the Whole30 book! I served it over a baked potato and topped it with home made paleo sour cream that @cookathomemom shared recently on @whole30recipes!
  • Friday night we had burgers again, from the on base burger joint. I was accidentally caffeinated on Thursday night and I crashed hard on Friday afternoon, so Gene so sweetly ran on out to grab compliant dinner!
  • Saturday we were on the run for most of the day, and my caffeine crash continued. I'm maybe the most sensitive person you know! So we went out for dinner and I stuck with a burger with fried egg and bacon!
  • Sunday we made some awesome ranch burger sliders inspired by a recipe @kellymcnellis shared recently!

Of course, I am going to make a plan anyway for this upcoming week! We didn't get grocery shopping yet, but plan to tomorrow when we are down at the bigger Commissary! This week I am planning on keeping really low-maintenance! We are busy around here and I don't want to burn out on cooking, cooking, cooking with everything going on! Here's what I *think* I'll be making for the upcoming week!

  • Monday: Honestly? Some kind of chicken thighs. They are thawing out and I might just either marinate them in Tessemae's zesty ranch or BBQ sauce... I don't know what! 
  • Tuesday: I have ground beef thawing out and we will probably be making those sliders based on @melissasfoodfreedom's recipe!
  • Wednesday: Seriously? More chicken thighs. I have two packs thawing and so the other pack I will bake or grill up tonight! Honestly, I will probably bake them after marinating them in zesty ranch, so let's just say BBQ for Monday.
  • Thursday: We'll play it by ear. This is going to be a busy day and so we'll either grab something out or just grill up Bubba Burgers? At this point, your guess is honestly as good as mine.
  • Friday: Dinner for one. So... I don't know. Will there be anything leftover in the house? I think it's payday so forget about going out to eat and dealing with crowds! 
  • Saturday: I am honestly sad at this point that I can't just eat ice cream for dinner since it will be just me, again! There is a music festival going on so I won't even dream of going anywhere near the base Chili's for to go food. I don't know... I guess this means I will be having bubba burgers, or maybe treating myself to a steak since I'm flying solo. 
  • Sunday: I guess you can tell I am pretty much over cooking at this point in this round, and you know what? I will be on day 21 come Sunday! DAY TWENTY ONE. So close. I don't know if I have anything in the freezer I can pull out for food- I think I have two servings of soup, and in the heat of Okinawa winter that doesn't seem too appealing. I guess you'll just have to wait and see at this point, hahaha.

As always, I try to post all of my meals on my Instagram @cheerstomyhealth, so be sure to follow along over there or on Facebook! This week will be an interesting week, for sure, since I will be winging my way through it like I usually do!

No comments:

Post a Comment