Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Whole30 Round Five, Week Four Shopping and Meal Plan

Today is day TWENTY-TWO! I can't believe I am in the final countdown of this round. This round was hard for me, mentally. I never really got over the sugar dragon cravings and I think breaking those down mentally, for me right now, is just going to be a process of having foods on the "no" list. I've struggled with afternoon scavenging around the kitchen and luckily have been able to ward off mindless mid afternoon snacking, but it seems like every day has been challenging.

If you saw my meal plan last week you know I flew through this week by the seat of my pants. I honestly had no clue what we were going to eat much sooner than I was preparing it. But I got a little grocery shopping done before the typhoon we're currently sitting through and have a solid plan to wrap up my round before moving into reintroduction!

36316232_1056520414510971_8822024046171389952_o
Just a few typhoon necessities!
So, how did things actually go last week? Here ya go:

  • MONDAY: we grilled up some Bubba Burgers! I topped mine with Tessemae's BBQ sauce and some caramelized onions! Served alongside a big ol' salad! 
  • TUESDAY: I marinated bone in, skin on chicken thighs in Tessemae's BBQ sauce, and baked them up in the oven (at 375 for about 50 minutes). I served them along with some green beans.
  • WEDNESDAY: We hit up a burger place on base after a function we attended. I had the usual ol' bunless burger (and after eating at base restaurants several times for lunch this week as well: if I have one more burger I think I'm going to scream!)
  • THURSDAY: I had more bone in, skin on chicken thighs so I marinated them in Tessemae's Zesty Ranch and baked them up as well. I served them alongside a big ol' salad!
  • FRIDAY: I made up some ranch sliders (inspired by this @kellymcnellis recipe!) earlier in the week for lunch and had the leftovers for dinner!
  • SATURDAY: I whipped up some enchilada meat for enchilada potatoes a la Living Loving Paleo's recipe!
  • SUNDAY: It was a Just Jessie B day around here! I made up some marinated chicken thighs (I use boneless, skinless chicken thigh strips for this one) and some crispy green beans from her blog! These green beans, guys, TRY THEM!

For part of this week it's just me at home, so it might not go according to this plan, but here's how I'm thinking I will finish out this round of Whole30!

  • MONDAY: I have a little of the marinated chicken left from yesterday, so I'll be air frying it up and having that for dinner with a salad!
  • TUESDAY: TACO SALAD TUESDAY! I'm just going to make up some taco seasoned beef and have a big ol' taco salad for dinner! 
  • WEDNESDAY: It's July 4th, and I don't plan on really doing anything! I've been toying with having some Ishigaki Beef I brought back from my trip, and I think I'm going to grill some up today with salad!
  • THURSDAY: Sliders. I think I'll probably make the ranch sliders again. They are just so easy and so dang yummy. Y'all, seriously, try the recipe!
  • FRIDAY: most likely, Yakiniku! I love yakiniku and the place we go has never said anything to me about bringing in my own seasoning or dressings for the meats.
  • SATURDAY: I'm not sure yet! We'll see what Gene wants to do and we'll maybe go out to eat again Saturday night! If not, I might try my hand at some buffalo chicken bites
  • SUNDAY: I saw a really good recipe for a Whole30 Mississippi Roast! If I can find compliant peperoncini peppers, it is on! If not, I might try my hand at making a bbq roast that @therealfoodrds shared over on @whole30recipes
After this round I'm going to try a little reintroduction before basically going back to Whole30. I just feel my best when following the protocol and I don't know how ready for food freedom I am right now. I'll be able to share all about my reintroduction in the coming weeks! Gene's birthday is kind of in the middle of my reintro and he wants to do Brazilian BBQ for lunch. I am not going to try to figure out how they prepare their meats- that's a little harder here than in the States. So I will use that as a reintro day with a buffer of a few Whole30 days before and after, but it's almost the last day of reintro, so it won't be too bad!

You can follow along on Instagram @cheerstomyhealth to see in real time what I'm making and how things are going!

2 comments:

  1. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. http://www.shopguiding.pro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent and very exciting site. Love to watch. Keep Rocking. http://www.shopguiding.club

    ReplyDelete