Sunday, June 10, 2018

Whole30 Round Five, Week One Shopping and Meal Plan

Today we went grocery shopping for our first week of this round of Whole30! So here's the skinny on the skippy, friends. It's just my husband and I, and my husband eats breakfast and lunch at work. I mostly make a casserole to have for my breakfasts, will have leftovers for lunch, and so dinner is mostly what we're looking at. My "meal planning" is super easy! I don't know whether to tell you to look somewhere else if you're looking for a bells and whistles meal plan or to tell you to stay right here and don't over complicate things for yourself!

I have pretty much all of my pantry staples, so I didn't have to buy any at the store this round. I did purchase a few things online which I will post about as they come in (dressing/marinades and ghee!). Mostly today I bought veggies and meats! I picked up tomato paste because I can't tell you how many times I have seen a recipe that I had everything for, except for tomato paste! So now I like to keep that in the cupboard pretty much at all times! I also always keep dill & chives for dump ranch!

Untitled
June 10, 2018: Grocery Shopping!
This is mostly what our cart looked like today at the grocery store by the time we were heading to check out!

Untitled


Untitled

So what am I making this week? Allow me to share with you here:

  • BREAKFAST: I am going to make up a dish of the taco breakfast casserole from The Whole Cook and have that reheated throughout the week. I serve this with tomato slices and avocado, or a salad with dump ranch. 
  • LUNCH: I will try to have more than enough leftovers from our dinners to reheat real quick for lunch. I am also air frying some boneless, skinless chicken thigh strips that I can toss onto salads this week! This week I marinated them in Tessemae's dressings! One batch in the Lemon & Garlic and one batch in Zesty Ranch!
  • Dinner: Well, I don't know if we'll actually eat it in this order, but the plan for right now is
For the most part we will be having salads with dump ranch as our side and plated fat with dinners. 

So there you have how our next week should go! Allow me to explain the * with the turkey burgers. I will be using Bubba Burger turkey burgers. This is a grey area for me. The ingredients include rosemary extract. Vanilla extract is out for the Whole30 because alcohol is used to produce it, however when searching the Whole30 forums after googling "is rosemary extract whole30" I found an affirmative "you're ok!" and nothing really mentioning any extracts other than vanilla specifically. I am an alcoholic, sober over 3 years, and I am making the decision to include turkey burgers in my Whole30 because they are turkey burgers and living overseas I'm making due with the best I can here. 

Be sure to follow along on Facebook and Instagram to see daily updates of how everything is going this round, what we're actually eating, and how we're liking new to us dishes!

1 comment:

  1. This blog presented itself in a very easy and clear way. Owner of this blog found a very simple way to express its view but when you read this blog completely, you would get to know about how hard it could be to express such in a easy way.hulp bij belastingaangifte amsterdam

    ReplyDelete